Trucking trends are ever-evolving, and whether you’re new to the field or you’re running your own operation, staying in the know can be important to do a good job.
We’ve compiled some of our favorite resources that can help you stay on top of trucking trends. Take a look through our list and let us know what you think! Do you see your favorite trucker resources? Would you add anything else? We want to know.
Top Resources to Stay in the Know on the Trucking Industry
Staying in the know in an industry like trucking is essential to success. Regulations, political, financial, and other institutional characteristics are always changing, and each can have an impact on your business. Here are some of the best ways to stay on top of what’s going on in your field.
- Other Truckers: What better source than other truckers to know what’s going? Message boards and Reddit threads are a great place to get first-hand information and feedback. While you can search for subreddits on your own, here’s a list of 10 popular ones to get you started.
- YouTube Channels: Much like online forums and threads, a YouTube channel is a great place to get important news and updates on the trucking industry. This list has 50 of the top trucking YouTube channels! Ranging from maintenance issues to life on the road to classes, you can find a little bit of everything.
- Blogs: Nowadays, it may seem that everyone has a blog, but there are tons of valuable blogs out there. For example, FreeFreightSearch.com’s blog is updated weekly with posts covering the latest resources and trending topics.
- Set Google Alerts: Are you interested in a particular topic? You can set Google alerts to notify you when an article or video is published regarding the topic of your choice. For example, you could choose to be alerted about topics such as “CSA data” or even more specific like “AI and trucking.” Here’s a quick step-by-step on how to set up Google alerts. Alerts can be deleted or modified at any time.
- Industry Websites: Do some research and check out the top industry websites. Some popular options that regularly report on trucking data and trends include FreightWaves, Transport Topics and American Trucking Associations. A quick Google search can help you find plenty of other popular sites.
What do you think of this list? Have you used any of these resources? If you’re looking for different ways to stay in the know on all things trucking the above resources are a great and easy way to start.