It’s that time of year again when you start brainstorming the perfect gifts for loved ones, friends or co-workers. If you have a truck driver on your list, our online load board has come up with a few ideas ranging from practical to exciting.
Here are some gift ideas that the truck drivers in your life are sure to love for the long haul.
Gift Ideas for Truckers
There are so many great ideas when it comes to gifts for load board truck drivers, but we’ve collected a few that we know are sure to hit a homerun for truckers.
- Portable Safe: Maybe not the most exciting gift, but a truck driver will appreciate the thought behind this.
- Truck Route GPS or App: While most people have smartphones with GPS, it can’t hurt to have a backup.
- Power Inverter/USB Inverter: Make sure your truck driver is always fully charged with a power inverter.
- Leather Work Gloves: Invest in a pair of high-quality leather work gloves that will help protect your driver any time they have to handle their truck or unload dangerous objects.
- Polarized Sunglasses: Many people won’t pay much for nice sunglasses, but it’s definitely worth the investment when you’re logging as many hours as truck drivers do.
- Subscription to Fitness App: Find a fitness app that fits your trucker’s workout style and goals and gift them an annual subscription. Try to find an app that fits the trucking lifestyle (don’t assume a trucker will have access to a gym or equipment).
- Portable Exercise Equipment: A yoga mat, resistance bands, jump rope, kettlebell, etc. are all great options for the trucker who wants to stay fit while on the road.
- SmartWatch or Fitness Watch: There are so many fitness watches out there that can help support a trucker’s fitness goals.
- Pressure Relieving Cushion: Truckers are sitting for long periods of time day in and day out. Specialized cushions can help relieve pressure and ensure they are feeling their best.
- Slow Cooker: Help your favorite trucker save money on eating out and stay on top of a healthy diet with this small gift.
- Subscription Services: Depending on your trucker’s interests, look at subscription services like Audible, Amazon Prime, Sirius XM, etc. so that they’re always entertained.
- Laptop or Tablet: Stay connected with the truck drivers in your life by gifting them a convenient and high tech tablet or laptop.
- Stocked Shower Bag: Upgrade their shower bag and stuff it full of goodies like nice shampoo, body wash, razors, face creams, tweezers, etc.
- Stainless Steel Travel Mug: Invest in a high-quality tumbler, like one from Yeti, that will let your trucker keep hot things hot and cold things cold.
- Spa Day: Life behind the wheel can take a toll on your physical and emotional wellbeing. Gift your trucker a day of relaxation.
Buying gifts for someone who is constantly on the road can be difficult, but these items are sure to be practical and fun for your spouse or loved one behind the wheel. Make their job just a little easier with a simple gift from our list above.
For more truck driver resources check out FreeFreightSearch.com’s blog, FFS is the world’s largest FREE load board and has nearly 100,000 registered users. Get started with your free load board search now.