Many people who are new to the trucking industry quickly discover that online load boards are the best way to find and book loads. A load board is an online platform where shippers can advertise their loads and trucking companies and motor carriers can advertise their routes, trucks and equipment. This article will give you the information you need to use load boards correctly.
How to use online load boards?
- Register on a free load board such as FreeFreightSearch.com. Fill in your details such as your name, address etc.
- Complete your profile. This profile adds credibility to your business.
- Start searching for loads by filtering your basic information such as equipment type, location and routes.
- When you find a load, contact the freight broker or shipper. You can click on the shipper’s details to find more information about their business.
- Once you have made contact, you can negotiate the rate that you want to charge to transport the shipper’s cargo from their pick-up location to the destination.
- If the shipper or freight broker accepts your rate, then a carrier agreement will be sent to you to complete.
- Complete the carrier agreement and submit this document along with any other requested documents back to the shipper or freight broker. Be prepared to submit your insurance information should they request it.
- You will receive the pickup details along with the rate confirmation from the freight broker or shipper.
How to post on a load board?
If you want freight brokers and shippers to find you, then you will need to post information about the type of truck and equipment that you own. You should also post your location, how much cargo your truck can handle, and how far you want to drive.
How to book loads on a load board?
You will be able to book loads when you have found a trucking company or trucker that has the right truck and equipment to transport your load. Once you have found one, you will be able to negotiate the rate and send a carrier agreement for the trucker to complete. Be sure to ask for a copy of their insurance.
FFS is a fully-integrated load board with a freight bill factoring company, meaning that registered members may find freight, obtain a fuel advance, and obtain 100% funding within hours of delivery—without ever leaving the site. Register on our free load board today.