The holiday season is just around the corner, and if you’re like most people, you haven’t even started your holiday shopping (we’re not judging!).
If your spouse or a loved one is a truck driver, we have 10 great suggestions to keep in mind as you start the hunt for the perfect gift.
Working long hours and spending days away from home is difficult, so let your favorite truck driver know how much you appreciate them by gifting one, or a few, of these awesome gifts this holiday season.
10 Gifts for Your Favorite Truck Driver
- Portable Safe: Truckers often travel with cash in case of an emergency. But sometimes they often carry money orders, checks or other valuables. Make life easier for your driver by gifting a portable vehicle safe so they can relax if they stop for a coffee, a shower, or end up broken down for a few hours.
- Personalized Mud Flaps: A great gift most people wouldn’t even think to buy for themselves. Get your truck driver a set of personalized mud flaps with their favorite colors or even the logo of their favorite sports team.
- Heated Seat Cushion: It’s winter, and your truck driver is likely crossing through some pretty cold places. Make their long drives as comfortable as possible with a heated seat cushion.
- Exercise Equipment: Getting some exercise in on the road can be easy when you have the right equipment. Things like adjustable dumbbells or sets created specifically for truck drivers can bring a personal gym right to the cab.
- Bluetooth Speaker Phone: Make hands-free calling easier than ever before with an in-car speaker phone. It just clips on the sun visor and can be controlled by voice command and offers clear sound for those daily phone calls with your truck driver.
- Chromebook: A lightweight laptop has been a godsend for those who spend a lot of time on the road. It works offline and allows you to make Skype calls and access cloud storage among many other features, making it perfect for drivers when they’re traveling through no man’s land.
- Memory Foam Seat Cushion: Much like the heated seat cushion, a memory foam cushion will quickly become a necessity for any trucker. Sitting in the same position for hours on end can be uncomfortable and painful so this gift will be much appreciated.
- Gift Cards: Who doesn’t love gift cards? Consider a Visa gift card so they can use it at whatever truck stop they frequent or other cards for iTunes, Amazon, or their favorite store. Gift cards allow your truck driver to think about what they need before making any purchases and can come in handy when on the road.
- GPS: While most people have smartphones with built-in GPS apps now, having a separate device can always be helpful, especially if your phone dies, or you’re traveling through a strange area.
- Power Inverter/USB Inverter: Charging smartphones and other devices can be challenging in trucks, but with an inverter, your truck driver will always have a full battery.
Each of these 10 ideas are practical, and can help make your trucker’s job easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few smaller ideas to consider.
- Non-slip dash cell phone holder.
- An air purifier to keep unpleasant smells out of the cab.
- Cordless vacuum to keep their truck clean.
- A fun co-pilot that will also charge their phone.
- A seat gap filler to save phones, keys, or other items from falling into the abyss.
Buying gifts for someone who spends so much time on the road can be difficult, but these items are sure to be practical and fun for your spouse or loved one behind the wheel. Make their job just a little easier with a simple gift from our list above.
For more truck driver resources check out FreeFreightSearch.com’s blog, FFS is the world’s largest FREE load board and has nearly 100,000 registered users.