Truck drivers: your truck isn’t just your office — it’s where you sleep, eat and spend most of your time. Whether you’re slipping in and out of day cabs, or spending weeks on the road in your own truck, you should make it comfortable.
Today, we’ll go through some tips on how to update and upgrade your truck and recommend some accessories that you can take with you if you’re changing cabs frequently. Want to make your truck look cool? Here are some ideas to get started.
Make Your Big Rig the Coolest on the Road
We know that everyone has different styles and needs, but we’ll take you through three different categories of some great options for tricking out your truck. Read on for the best ideas for entertainment, cooking and sleeping.
1. Entertainment: You work hard, and you work under a lot of stress, so you deserve to enjoy some downtime. Here are some ideas for making a great entertainment center:
- Gaming Console: This could be a great chance for you to unwind at the end of the day and *bonus* if you’re kids play, too. You can connect with them online.
- Mobile Satellite Dish: Getting a receiver like DIRECTV or DISH Network will allow you to keep up with your favorite shows while on the road.
- Bluetooth Speaker: Are you a music fan? Getting a quality Bluetooth speaker will help you jam out all day long.
2. Cooking: Your diet is important for many reasons. For starters, it can affect how you sleep, how you feel, and your budget. Just because you’re on the road doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a home cooked meal or something tasty.
- Mini-fridge: Keep fresh fruits and veggies for healthier snacks, leftovers from home, and a supply of some of your favorite drinks. Even if you have a soda or two, it’s cheaper than buying fast food or eating at a rest stop.
- Blender: Getting a small blender could make a healthy breakfast or snack much easier. You can prepare little baggies of fruits and veggies at home and freeze them for blending on the road.
- Crock Pot: Start each morning by prepping a tasty meal in your slow cooker and by the time you reach your destination, you could have a mouthwatering dinner ready.
3. Sleeping: You spend a LOT of time in your truck. Restful sleep is crucial for good health and for safely doing your job. Make sleep a priority with some of these accessories.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: Are you a light sleeper? Invest in a quality pair of noise cancelling headphones to ensure you are getting the rest you need.
- Sleeper Cabin: If you know that driving is going to be your way of life, take the plunge and invest in a unique sleeper cabin that can fits 3 beds.
- Blackout Curtains: Create your own getaway inside your cabin by completely shutting out the outside world. Blackout curtains are cheap and can be found at most retail stores.
If you’re looking for some other ways to personalize your truck, apart from the categories above, here are a few more ideas. Consider getting a custom paint job, seat covers that pay homage to your favorite sports team, adding custom chrome, or LED lighting (that fits government regulation, of course).
When it comes to making your truck special there are a lot more options than bumper stickers and license plates, we hope that these examples have sparked some inspiration for your own truck. Interested in other helpful tips and resources just for truckers? Head over to FreeFreightSearch.com, between our blog and the world’s largest FREE load board there’s something for everyone.