If you are a freight broker, then a load board is the ultimate freight-matching service for your business. This article explains how an online load board can vastly minimize the challenge of matching carriers who will move loads with shippers who need their loads transported.
What is an Online Load board?
An online load board is a platform that connects shippers and freight brokers with shipments that need to be transported from Point A to Point B. Some load boards enable freight brokers to browse loads and bid on loads while others have a set price that carriers will be paid.
Information such as the type of load, the destination, the delivery date and the type of truck or loading equipment that is needed is posted alongside the load. If a shipper/broker reach an agreement on the rate for the load with the motor carrier, then both parties are notified, and they can do business together.
How you will benefit from free load boards?
- Real time information: Shipments are posted and updated in real-time, which means you can get instant access to new business that matches the services you are offering.
- Alerts: You can set up alerts to be notified on-the-go so that you don’t have to browse through hundreds of posts per day.
- Improve your earning potential: You can make sure that you have access to a network of drivers, and that their routes are optimized according to the shipments that you have booked.
- Competitive pricing: A greater supply of drivers means greater competition and pricing for your services. This can also help you optimize your pricing strategy because you could charge a lower price if a carrier is close to the load due to the fact that less travel would be required.
- Low barrier to entry: Many online load boards are free to use or require an inexpensive sign up or monthly fee.
How Can Freight Brokers Benefit from Load Boards?
Over 70 percent of freight in America is moved by trucks. If you are a freight broker, then you can significantly boost your bottom line, if you are able to efficiently and consistently delivering your contracted loads. Load boards can be invaluable sources of finding available trucks, which means less time making phone calls and sending emails, and more time focusing on growing your business.
You can easily and efficiently sign up for one of the free load boards that are available online. Load boards such as FreeFreightSearch.com give freight brokers access to thousands of carriers, loads and shipments.